After playing high school and a year of college volleyball, Don was looking to give back to a sport he enjoyed playing. So he decided to coach at the local high school followed by club. As a result, Don was given an opportunity to be an assistant coach with the UofA Pandas varsity team. During his time at the UofA, Don was part of two of the Pandas' six consecutive CIAU (now USport) national championships. After the UofA, Don was part of the UBC women's volleyball coaching staff for two years. Don has coached most age groups for boys and girls.
Don is married with two kids and is a math teacher in Sherwood Park. In his spare time he likes to spend time with his family, travel, and attempts to play golf.
- Associate Coach, Sherwood Heights Sr. Girls - 2018
- Assistant Coach, Ardrossan Jr. Girls - 2013
- Head Coach, NAVC 18U women - 2005
- Head Coach, Sherwood Heights Sr. Girls - 2003-2009
- Assistant Coach, Team BC 16U Girls - 2002
- Assistant Coach, UBC Thunderbirds - 2002-2004
- Assistant Coach, UofA Pandas - 1994-2002
- Head Coach, McNally Sr. Girls - 1988-1989