Cheri Wright’s (nee: Lansdown) volleyball career began in Edmonton playing for the Edmonton Volleyball Club in 1988 and won her first national championship 1991. Cheri was also a member of the Alberta Provincial Team program from 1989-1993 which included a silver medal at the Canada Games. Cheri began her CIAU (now USport) career in 1992 with the UofA Pandas winning a silver medal in her first year followed by three national championships! Unfortunately, Cheri was not able to play during the 1995-1996 season due to injury. During her UofA Pandas volleyball career, Cheri played both power and middle.
Cheri was a team captain with the Pandas, and won various awards including:
- First Team Canada West All-star (1994, '95, '97, '98)
- National Championship Tournament All-star (1995, '97, '98)
- Honourable mention for CIAU All Canadian Team (1994, ’95)
- First Team All Canadian (1998)
- National Championship Tournament MVP (1998)
- Pandas Volleyball Team MVP (1998)
- Bakewell Trophy, Most Outstanding Female Athlete at the UofA (1998)
- Alberta Provincial Beach Champion (2000)
- Bronze Medal at the Canadian Beach Championships (2000)
- Inducted to the Alberta Sports Hall of Fame (team award)
Cheri was also a member of the Canadian Women’s Junior National Team from 1994 to 1997 and represented Canada at the World Universiade Games in 1995.
- 2018-present - Pandas Volleyball Club
- 2019 15U Provincial Champions
- 2016-Present - Westminster Junior High
- 2015-2016 - Pandas 12U clinics
Cheri is looking forward to the upcoming Pandas Club season.