Pandas Summer 2018 Update
Our Pandas have been keeping busy this summer both on the hardcourt and on the beach. Here are just a few highlights!
The following Pandas represented Alberta at the Canada Cup in Richmond, BC (July 19-22).Team AB photos by William Au
Team Alberta Black
Coach - Janelle Rozema
Team Alberta Blue
Evie Kath, Nora Kotun
Alternate: Ashley Krause (not pictured)
Team Alberta White
Brooke Malek, Lana Pralica, Payton Shimoda, Kinna Fisher, Mary Thiessen, Sona Sajeev, Mya Scoble, Makenna Hogg
Pandas donned the red and white representing Canada at the USA Volleyball High Performance Championships, July 23-28.
Junior Women - Parker Austin and Stella Rains
Youth Women - Presly Austin
On the Beach
Many Pandas competed in Volleyball Alberta's beach tournaments over the summer.
Congratulations to the provincial medalists!
15U Tier 1 Gold
14U Tier 1 Gold
Ellie Masters & Karen Mah
14U Tier 1 Bronze
Kristin Gilmour & Tori Clements
Upcoming Training Sessions
16U, 17U and 18U Coaches
The Pandas Volleyball Club is proud to announce the following coaches for the 2018-2019 season:
16U - Head Coach: Jen Telfer Assistant Coach: TBD
17U - Head Coach: Dione Lang Assistant Coach: TBD
18U - Head Coach: Janelle Rozema Assistant Coach: TBD
Pandas Volleyball Summer Development Programming
The University of Alberta, Pandas Volleyball is back with some of your favourite programming along with some exciting new offerings this Spring and Summer. This post should help you to see which programming is right for you, and then please scroll down to find the posters for how to register for each of the following offerings! Our programs have limited space to ensure a quality coach to athlete ratio, so these programs fill quickly! Happy Training!
- Team AB Prep: For any female athletes who have been invited to Team AB tryouts. Preparation for the demands of a Team AB environment!
- Pandas Beach Volleyball: Skill development and game play! For any female athletes with some club volleyball experience, though beach experience is not necessary! (program options for ages 12-18)
- Positional Training: Small group training for female club athletes. Setters, Outsides, Middles, and DS/Liberos get specific technical training with Miya on their own day of the week!
- Summer Excel Training: This used to be called our "Elite Camp", designed for those looking for an opportunity for advanced technical training of the fundamental volleyball skills, combined with opportunities to train with the Varsity Pandas at the end of the summer!
- U8 programming: For young athletes (boys and girls) interested in trying volleyball at a developmentally appropriate level! No experience needed!